You must register for our in-person hackathon here: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/sense360-ios-hackathon-tickets-17160820476
Does anyone else think it's weird that in 2015 our devices are really smart but our apps are kind of dumb? The iPhone and iWatch provide data via accelerometer, ambient light sensor, GPS, baromoter, gyroscope, etc. and yet it's still ridiculously hard to put this data to work for us.
In theory these sensors could enable you to develop an app that... -Detects that you've just exited the subway (plus, you're running late!) and hails an Uber without being asked -Understands that you've entered a movie theater, automatically set your devices to silent -Knows you're travelling on business and enables quicker access to expensing all your meals -Encourages your user to pop outside for some much needed Vitamin D on a lazy Netflix day Our SDK enables all of this. You define the real-world activities that you care about and we let you know in real time when those actions occur. This way you can focus on creating a slick user experience instead of figuring out when and where to engage your users. This is just the start. Come hang out with us for a weekend and let's see if we can make an awesome thing or two.
Note: we don't own your creation. It's all yours!
Our 24-hour hackathon will give you a chance to play with our unreleased SDK. We'll have our whole team here to help with your creation.
Time: 10am June 20th to 10am on June 21st
Location: 3710 S. Robertson Blvd. Suite 214 Culver City, CA 90232
- Free food
- Sense360 Schwagg
- Credits towards the Sense360 SDK
- Device Lab with AppleWatches and iPhones
- Activities (i.e. basketball arcade, foosball, Halo and more)
- $500 cash
- A week stay in San Diego at a beautiful 3 bedroom beachside condo (http://www.vrbo.com/503672)
- Lunch for you and a friend with Mark Mullen
It should be a great day of coding and registration is free!
Feel free to check out our SDK here:
- Source code must be disclosed
- Don't use existing code (hooking into any DB or existing API is fine)
- Don't be a jerk
- App must be developed for iOS
- Must utilize the Sense360 SDK
Official Hackathon Schedule:
- 10:00AM - Kickoff event with breakfast, networking, and developer dating which leads into idea pitches and team formation.
- 10:45AM – Sense360 SDK Breakout Session (Optional)
- 1:30PM – Lunch is served
- 5:00PM – Halo tournament (Optional)
- 7:00PM – Dinner is served
- 10:00PM – Arcade Basketball tournament (Optional)
- 12:00AM – Midnight Snack and . . . ?
- 6:30AM – Breakfast is served to help get you through the final few hours.
- 9:00AM – Apps are submitted
- 10:00AM – Prizes are announced
$3,916 in prizes
Lunch for two with Mark Mullen (Managing Partner of DoubleM Capital)
You and a friend will grab a complimentary lunch with Mark Mullen, a highly active investor in LA. Take the opportunity to pick his brains and pitch your next big idea!
One week vacation in San Diego at a beautiful 3 bedroom beachside condo
Spend a week with friends at a beautiful beachside condo in sunny San Diego. Check in on Friday and Check out on Sunday.
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
- Participants: Individuals (over 18 years in age)
Submission instructions will be provided on-site.
How to enter
This is an in-person hackathon. To register, sign up for a spot on Eventbrite:
We’re all about creating the extraordinary. Think outside the box and try something that’s never been done before. The Sense360 SDK allows you to create super-smart apps. Take advantage of it.
Imagine that you have a million downloads. Make sure that your app will provide a smooth experience for your million+ fans. When you have a team of 10 engineers working on this app will they understand the code that you’ve written?
Sense360 is great for creating apps with “Ambient intelligence” so take advantage of it! The more you utilize contextual relevance (where a user is, what they’re doing, or what’s going on around them) the better!
Everyone likes something pretty. Give us something that we like to look at.